- Privacy in Social Data
- Privacy/Security in Data Mining Outsourcing
- Privacy-preserving Data Mining
- Privacy-preserving Publication
- Data Mining
- Spatio-temporal mining
- Social Network analysis
- Multidimensional Social Network
- Discrimination in Knowledge Discovery
Current and Recent Projects
- ICON 2012-2014: Inductive Constraint Programming. European Project founded from FET-Open, unit of the European Commission within the 7th Framework Programme.
- LIFT 2010-2013: Using Local Inference in Massively Distributed Systems. European Project founded from FET-Open (Future and Emerging Technologies) unit of the European Commission within the 7th Framework Programme.
- ENFORCE 2010-2013: Computer science and legal method for enforcing the personal rights of non-discrimination and privacy in ICT systems (ID Progetto: RBFR081L58). Italian project funded from MIUR FIRB “Futuro in Ricerca” program.
- MODAP 2009-2012: Mobility, Data Mining, and Privacy ICT- 2007.8.0 FET Open is an European Coordination Action founded from European Community within the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
- ANONIMO 2008-2010: Computer science and legal methods for the protection of privacy and anonymity. Italian project funded from funded by Italian MIUR within the PRIN program.
- GeoPKDD 2005-2008: Geographic Privacy-aware Knowledge Discovery and Delivery. European project founded from European Community, IST-FET program, 6th Framework.