The SocInfo2020 Committee invites proposals for the Tutorials Day of the conference.
Tutorials will cover computational social science topics consistent with the subject area of the SocInfo conference.
Tutorials will generally be half a day, however based on proposed schedules and activities, a full day tutorial may be warranted. Tutorial chairs may suggest lengths based on proposed scope.
- Tutorial proposal submission deadline: April 30th, 2020
- Tutorial acceptance notification: May 15th, 2020
All the deadlines are at 23:59:59 Anywhere on Earth Time
Please email your proposal in a single pdf file to the workshop chairs at tutorials_socinfo2020 @ googlegroups.com before the deadline. As the subject of the email, please specify
Tutorial proposal for SocInfo2020
For additional information please contact the workshop chairs at the same address.
- Tutorial title and short summary: including motivation for the topic, relevance to the conference and specific objectives/outcomes for the tutorial (300 words).
- Names, affiliation(s) and contact information for organizer(s).
- Schedule and activities: including pointers to any sample code/slides/etc. that the organizers have used previously that would be applicable, and detailed description of any activities.
- Precedent (if applicable): a list of previous tutorials at SocInfo or related conferences, and a brief description of how the proposed tutorial builds on or differs from them.
- Requirements/equipment: a list of what will be required (e.g. wifi, projector, room with no tables, etc.).
- Capacity: estimate about the number of attendees (or range) for which this tutorial would be suitable.
- Audience: target attendees, any pre-requisite background.
- Attach a short bio for each member of the organizing committee, including a description of their relevant expertise. Strong proposals include organizers who bring differing perspectives to the tutorial topic and who are actively connected to the communities of potential participants.